Innovating in a Highly Regulated Environment Part 2: Playing Nice with Regulators [an Energy Central and Utility 2030 Collaborative PowerSession™]
With regulators making and enforcing the rules of utility business engagement, businesses operating in highly regulated environments often see them as the enemy. But an article published by the Harvard Business Review, “Innovating in a Highly Regulated Industry Like Health Care”, recommends leveraging them as key innovation resources because they can help:
- Guide you by explaining precisely what you can and cannot do;
- Reveal gray areas where you might have some leeway; and
- Share prior innovations that didn’t work at other utilities.
During this PowerSession, experts will expand on part 1 of this discussion on “Innovating in Highly Regulated Environments” by providing insights into how to work with—not against—regulators to achieve innovation and transformation goals.
- Understand the shared desire for innovation across utilities and their regulators
- Gain insight into how to communicate the value of innovation to regulators and other key stakeholders
- Learn how to proactively collaborate with regulators to deliver innovations with the biggest bang for the buck
Don’t miss a beat. Tune into part 1 of this session prior to participating in part 2.
James Riley, Partner, Appos Advisors
Seeking panelist inquiries